Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things that might have helped me go through the cycles

I was with my oncologist yesterday for a follow-up call.  As expected, she told me that I will have my evaluations next week and gave me the requests.  She reminded me that I will, once again, have my creatinine tested and reminded me to drink lots of water (probably to clear me out of the crea test).

While waiting for our turn, we were next in line with one cancer patient who's due to have her seventh cycle.  I was full of awe for the lady to have withstood the treatment this long.  But this time, she couldn't go through the cycle since her hemoglobin level is low.

This led me to think of writing about what I have been doing and taking lately that might have helped me go through it so far.  I am not 100% sure though that these things really helped, but maybe the collective effects of these things might have been of some help.

Since my first cycle, I've been recommended a lot of things.  Most of them I refused to take because I am apprehensive about their adverse effects to each other and the chemo treatment itself.  There were supplements and vitamins and all.  Some even gave me a few capsules or a bottle of this and that.  But, I told them maybe I'll just try later.
Click image to take you to triplepi.com

If there is one thing that I took in, it is what they call the Dr. π water.  Yes, the Pi symbol that we know is equivalent to 3.16.  They call it Pi water.  We buy it by the gallons and the aim is to drink at least four glasses each day.  The ideal intake would be two glasses in the morning with an empty stomach and two glasses before you sleep.  You can drink in between but I rarely do.  I wouldn't go into a lot of details about the effects since my sister was the one who attended the seminar about it.  All I know is that the π water increases the oxygen level in our body, enhances all the good cells, thus, reducing the possibility of the cancer cells to thrive inside our body.  I think you can google the rest.  :)

Anyway, buying six gallons of this water gives you a free pair of detox pads which you put under your feet before sleeping.  I did so a few nights ago.  It was a sachet of tea-like powder but after about twelve hours, it turns into a sticky black substance.  In my observation, the effect of this detox pad is that I had some bitter taste on my taste buds that is not really good at the moment since it kinda makes me want to throw up.  So, I told my sister never to get one of those detox pads again.

Another thing that I took in is Ensure.  Immediately after the first cycle, I asked my sister to buy me that formula.  We had a hard time looking for the cheaper box packaging so I ended up just taking in about three ready-to-drink cans for three days.  I believe it did its work somehow.  So, after the second cycle, I told her to get it for me again and luckily, this time, we found the one that comes in a box and it was good for five days.  I hope this helps me level up my hemoglobin level for the round of treatment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts