Sunday, May 15, 2011

The first cycle

When my onco finally arrived, she was ready to begin with the pre-meds.

I immediately asked her about the tingling sensation that I felt earlier and she said that it's a normal feeling and that it's not just with corticosteroids.  She in fact asked me if I feel the same way while she was pushing dyphenhydramine into the IV and I said yes.  This happens during the first 2-3 seconds while pushing the meds and it just vanishes.

She warned me that dyphen will make me sleepy and I didn't think so.  But it did.

I was feeling sleepy in no time at all but I was trying to fight it.  Candidly, later, my onco told me not to fight the feeling for it will bring me headaches.  So I started to drift to sleep.

And that was what I was doing the whole time of the chemo session.

I woke up several times but too sleepy to stay awake.  I couldn't remember how many times I did and fall back to sleep but I wasn't really fully awake until the chemo session is over.

I never felt anything during the whole time because I was sleeping.


I am now home.

But sadly, my onco says that my down time is two weeks and I can't allow any visitors in the house.  Too bad, huh?  But what can we do?

She also warned me that my hair might start to fall off slowly and that I shouldn't be afraid because it's normal.

She also urged me to eat and eat and eat.  Which I'm trying and doing.  I know it's going to be hard, but that's how we fight.  No matter what the fight is, we fight hard.  And we pray hard to fight hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clara, just be strong. God always with you. Luv u...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts