Saturday, June 27, 2009

FFF


Fridays Fly Fast!

Really!

I woke up early to plant some grapes on my Farm Town. Grapes can be harvested every four hours and I can plant and harvest a few times today since I didn't have any plans. It was that early that I read about Michael Jackson's demise at the internet. I said, "another hoax?" So I read some links and found out it was true. Funny how some people nowadays make fun of other people's death like a joke which they can just take back after. I would say that I am one of those people who was somehow affected and disagreed when they were all over his personal life with controversies here and there. Now that he is dead, I wouldn't be surprised that some of those people who bad-mouthed him are the same people praising him for his greatness. What a cruel world!

Anyway, after that came the once-in-two-weeks chore of getting my matress under the sun to get rid of Mr.&Mrs. Smith. But of course, not after we had our breakfast. "Sunning out" the matress has been a task since we were invaded by the presence of Mr.&Mrs Smith and I realized that this can also be a good practice as part of hygiene.

My room mate invited me to go with her at the City Center to buy an external disk drive for her son. So this is not a completey stay-at-home Friday. I wasn't surprised when I kept on hearing several stores playing Michael Jackson's songs. I was surprised though that I noticed and was in fact quite melancholic about it. When I heard "Black and White" playing on one of the electronic shops, it was like seeing him come alive on the tv screens [in black and white] dancing on some[thing that looks like the African saharas]. This is how I recall the song's MTV back in the 1980s.

It wasn't like I noticed that this Friday [like those past] is again about to finish. Another room mate of mine sighed as she called my name saying Friday's almost done.

P.S.

While we were out hailing for a cab under 1300H heat of the sun, I couldn't help but notice how hot it was. I didn't check how hot the temp would be today but it was freakin' hot! Then it was like I was waiting for the time when some clouds will hide the sun for a few seconds of shade. In our language, we call it "kulimlim" which is somewhere like cloudy. It was like I wanted to space travel and be in my country to have this moment. Oh well, I realized that this moment wouldn't come as I looked up and didn't see any clouds rushing in the sky like cars speeding up at the highway. And again, I was melancholic about home.

Oh well...

Lastly, I reminded a friend earlier this week that we are all given the same 24 hours a day when she whined about her busy days. But this time, I didn't want to tell this to myself since I also wish there could be more during Fridays - even just on Fridays.

Copy me on QRT.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts