Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Traffic Was Rerouted

If you passed across the town of Lumban this morning and wondered why the traffic was diverted, here's the reason why.

I actually didn't care at first because I thought it was just some detour due to a road renovation which I think is very untimely these days because we just had the elections. Besides, the barangay elections is still like two months away. Anything these aspirants would do at this point could mean anything to anyone but electioneering.

But when reached the core of the town, I began to wonder and told my dad, "We are sightseeing; with that silly grin." Almost simultaneous with my reaction was a complaint from one of the passengers inside the jeep. "Sayang na naman ang oras natin nito." (This is another waste of time for us.)

I think one of the passengers who works for the government (she's wearing their uniform) could not help but react.

"Meron po kasing demolition doon sa may school e medyo magulo po. Kaya dinvert na lang po ang mga sasakyan kasi baka raw po madamay pa tayo e masaktan tayo." (There is a demolition going on right now near the school and there is a commotion. We were diverted because they fear that commuters might get involved and we might get hurt.)

The other lady did not say anything anymore. Neither did I. Because what the government employee said was true.

On our way back, the road was finally open. But as the jeep rolled by the Lumban Public Market, you can see a lot of people in uniform - both from the PNP and soldiers - at the checkpoint. I took out my digicam hoping that I could get some relevant shots of what was going on. All of my clicks were just at random and like suntok sa buwan (I'm lost in translation but is it "Boxing the moon?"). But seriously, it was like pointing my digicam to anything hoping that I could get something. Out of the three clicks, this one is the most relevant. Remember, we were moving and there were vehicles at the other side who blocks my view. Now, I guess you can imagine what the other two clicks took. A tricycle and a jeep going the other way.

Anyway.

Rumors say that the demolition was legitimate since the owner of the land was claiming his property now and won the case. One passenger from the jeepney on our way back said that the lawyer representing these people already told them frankly that there was no case (or was it this is a weak case) and that they had to leave, but obviously they wouldn't that's why this happened. Again, this is hearsay. I don't have the facts.

But right or wrong, this is sad. Nothing of this should have happened.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts