Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two Occasions

After the CT Scan result, we celebrated Christmas. I am sure no one will disagree if I say that this is by far the happiest Christmas ever.

Monday after Christmas, as per my doctor-friends' recommendation, I went to see an oncologist. Yes, two of my doctor-friends. They say that this is the next step, so I took it.

My oncologist told me that the result is indeed good... that the cancer was removed and is gone. But... that she cannot assure me that the cancer would not be back. She requested that I, again, take the CA 125 [ more information about it on this site] to establish the difference between what was taken in Dubai and now, after the operation. Together with this were other tests which will tell if I will require further treatment and if my body could take it. She recommended that I take this after the holidays as people will be on leave or on vacation.

So, at least we celebrated these two occasions with a happy and thankful mood.

I went to the lab Thursday last week to have my blood taken and results come out next week, because as per what the Med Tech said, the CA 125 test is a special test and would be taken to Manila, thus, the week-long wait for the results.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts