Sunday, May 1, 2011

Word for today: Collective


Collective.

Collective force.  Collective prayer.  Collective help.

I know that there are a lot of people praying for me right now.  Some have been here in our house, some have sent messages, some have even offered mass.  Collective prayer.

This week, I am overwhelmed to find out how my friends have joined hands to help me.  And it is very encouraging.  So, I tried to gather things together and see how far I can go.

And through these friends who shared what they have, it looks like this photograph above.  Small spark.  Big Spark.  It doesn't matter.  This photograph wouldn't be as bright if not for all those lights.  Collective sparks of light that is to me hope and strength.

Last Friday, I went off early to start the process.  I needed some things that will clear me for chemotherapy.  ECG, chest x-ray, 2D-Echo, and some blood works.  All was done by a little after lunchtime except for ECG.  But it's okay.  The 2D-Echo result doesn't come out until Tuesday, so I can still get it done by Monday.

The earlier I get the 2D-Echo result on Tuesday, the better.  I'll be off to my oncologist right after I get the result.  If all is well, then I guess I'll be off to my first chemotherapy session by the end of this coming week, or early next, next week.

To all of you who joined hands, my heart felt thanks and sincere gratitude.

I wouldn't have the courage to go get started if it weren't for you guys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts