Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The test result

My hemoglobin test turned around a favorable result.  I need not have blood transfusion, at least not  yet.  And I wish I won't have to.  But I still have yet to see if it is inevitable considering the circumstances.

We just had to change my prescription.  Looked for a better ferrous sulfate than the one I just finished yesterday morning.

Aside from that, I am on pain management.  For pains that are here and there from time to time.  I got two meds for pain.  Since Algesia could only be taken thrice a day, I need to have another one.  That's because sometimes the pain starts to get back even before my next dose.

The weather these past few days has been a blessing.  Since I had to spend most of my days lying down, it wasn't so hot for me to have the electric fan going for the whole day.  I just needed to turn it on during those moments when it felt like hotter than usual.  It's probably what those menopausal ladies call hot flashes.  In my case, it gets a little hotter when the pain sets in at its peak.  But it's good that it only lasts for a few minutes - five tops.

The Kindle has been a lot of help, too, nowadays.  Since I couldn't spend more time on the computer sitting down, I spend  a lot of time reading while lying down.  This is when the pain is bearable for me to go on reading.  Right now, I am reading 'A Game of Thrones' by Georg R.R. Martin and having finished only 7% of the book, I am contemplating into switching to another book.  Yeah, I heard this one's a good book (in fact it was the 2011 reader's choice at goodreads.com), but it's just that I'm not a fan of knights and kingdoms.  I'm giving myself until I reached 10%, and if it still doesn't make sense, I know it's time to choose another.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts