Thursday, April 2, 2009

Round The Bend

Yesterday, I posted a photo of the house on the corner of the street where I now live. That is the site I see around the bend coming home. I guess the wedding is over and the lights are gone, so, it's back to a normal house.

This tree below, however, is what I see on the other corner, around the bend, when I go to work in the morning.


I know there is nothing peculiar nor significant about the way this tree looks like. It's an old tree outside a house: that's it. But every time I see it in the morning on my way to work, it makes me reminiscent and hopeful.

Reminiscent of my home back home surrounded by trees, an a lot more of the plant family; from the phylum, class, family, etc. One significant tree is in front of our house, though. It is called the memory tree, given to us after our Mom's service when she went six feet under. I used to think, "as if it can take her place." But through the years, it serves it purpose, holding true to its a.k.a. name.

Hopeful is the part I could not very much articulate. It just gives me hope, period. And for some reason, one windy morning, the leaves, twigs and buds of this tree (on my way to work) sways and sang its own tune. That even added up to the joyful hope for yet another day.

Note:

Well, I wrote this this morning on my writing pad on the bus. You see, my travel time to and from work is around one hour. I sometimes sleep. But during those times that I couldn't- which is more often than sleeping - I always had to do something. I guess I got tired of my sight-seeing, so middle of last year, I was into playing games; then got tired of it. Then late last year, I got back into reading, until early March. Because I felt like I am tiring my eyes too much, I dropped doing it at the bus. Then, this morning I was in the writing mode so I did...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts