Sunday, December 20, 2009

October: Week One

The first few days went by as every day did. Nothing unusual. Dust has finally settled on our new place and we are finally enjoying its amenities. Once we went to the roof top to visit the building's gym but we didn't have the access card yet, so we hesitated to even attempt going to the pool area. After a few days, we, then, managed to. The card was given and my room mate and her friend had a good swim at the small pool. I stayed in the room watching a movie because I didn't feel like swimming though hot as it was during those times.

I remember having to make a little adjustment with my bus route. One of my bus mates taught me of a new route that will make me use the Dubai Metro, and ending up cheaper. At first, I kinda thought it wouldn't because of the idea that using the metro will cost me more. But it proved to be otherwise. So, this has been my route until I went home last October 16. The route was to take a metro from where I work. Metro station Khaleed Bin Waleed up until the station at the Dubai International Airport Terminal 3, which we simply call Terminal 3. From there, I will then take what they call the feeder bus [bus no. F8] to Al Qusais, where it stops right in front of our building. It turned out that this wouldn't charge me on the fare, since it is a feeder bus of the airport. So, the fare is just as much as it is when I take the regular bus. Also, this route takes me to work and home faster than the route that I have been accustomed to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts