Monday, April 18, 2011

A million and one wishes

The final days of last week wasn't that fun.

For those who wonder, I am still as strong as I can be. In fact, I was at the La Laguna Festival Tuesday night to see what people are seeing there. I am glad to still be strong enough to go there. I only took a few shots, and this 'attraction' I guess is one of the stand-outs of the venue.

Are those real swarvoski crystals that hang on a native structure?
Oh well, real or not, don't they look like a million and one wishes when you look up at them?

But later, I got a little dizzy and felt pain on my leg, so we had to cut it short and get home fast.

And the rest of the week wasn't that good. My right leg was in pain when I woke up on Wednesday. Thursday, we thought that it was due to the walk that I had on the festival grounds, not to mention Monday, when I needed to start the paper works and documentations I need to get assistance wherever possible. But by Friday, my other leg was also in pain and we suspected that I had too much asparagus. Well, I've been taking alternative ways and asparagus therapy is one of those we found that might help me. And I discovered that too much of this would either aggravate or reduce the pain for people suffering from arthritis, as mentioned on this other site here. So, I stopped my intake of asparagus and by Saturday morning, I took a trip to the lab and had my uric acid level checked. Surprisingly, it was normal. So, we now suspect rayuma, and we are now trying to treat it.

And today, I woke up finding this beautiful song that was shared by one of my good friends.



To all those people who went out of their way to call, write, visit, said a little prayer, extended their resources, etc., you just don't know how you made it a little less painful for me.

And please know that...

"My wish for you is that life becomes all you want it
To your dreams stay big and your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things, too."

For me, it feels like this ordeal has just started. And although I feel that this is going to be long, I don't think that it would be longer than we think it will be. I still feel strong enough to raise the bow and shoot the arrow, so to speak. And you, people (you know who you guys are), you helped me raise the bow to fight and win the battle.

I say thank you... and it feels like saying thank you is not even enough. So, I'm making a million little wishes, too.

2 comments:

Tita Beng said...

Stumbled upon this blog while doing EC droppping. Very interesting site! I'll be praying for your recovery. When everything is at its worst, just keep the faith and hold on. I was in your shoes before. Having been diagnosed with stage 3 breast CA. It was the toughest challenge but with medical help and strong faith, I survived for almost 19 years now. Believe and claim you will too! I'm one with you in prayers.

Clara said...

Hello, Tita Beng!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. How you have shared your life in a few sentences fascinates me, and it is now one of my inspirations.

Thank you for your prayers, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts