Sunday, May 1, 2011

I couldn't post for some reasons...

It's been a while. I couldn't post for some reasons, not just the pain that every so often attacks my butt, but a couple of things here and there.

Anyway.

This starts on Holy Monday.

It's Holy Monday my feet was still in pain so I called my doctor. She suggested that I switched to Tramadol. I declined and said that I think that I was just not following the prescription. She also suggested that I get both my feet x-rayed because she wants to find out if the cancer is already there. I said okay and said (again) that I guess I was just not following the prescription.

Holy Tuesday. The pain was still there although it subsides every so often. But I thought that even if I am able to manage the pain, we have yet to find out what causes the pain. So, I decided that I'll go for x-ray on Wednesday. Early evening that day, the people from the hospice came. I was applying to be a member/patient since the diagnosis and this day, I got interviewed and filled out the application. The Madre De Amor Hospice Foundation is a foundation that gives palliative care to (mostly cancer) patients in the province of Laguna, and I am lucky I learned about it from a friend who is a volunteer of the foundation. When I learned about this over a year ago, I wanted to be a part of the foundation, but not as a patient. But over a year ago, posts were not open to volunteers. Anyway, this same night, two of my friends were here for a visit, they bought Mister Donuts and ensaimada and it was a happy dinner with them.

I was in the x-ray room at about 1pm Wednesday. There weren't too many people there that day and I was thinking maybe because of the occasion. It's a good thing, too, that we were told that we can wait for the result. I immediately sent the result to my doctor-friend through text and it was good to hear that it is just rayuma. I was prescribed antibiotics and Vitamin B complex. And it was a good thing to hear that it's just rayuma.

By Good Friday, I was feeling a little better. I could walk without the aid of a cane (that was hand-made by my dad for me) and I was lucky to be feeling well to join my friend Reysie. She said that there were friends who wanted to give help and she was meeting them this day. I was having second thoughts in joining here but I know that this is a chance to meet them to personally thank them for their help. And I was very thankful that I was feeling well this day.

Black Saturday was kinda black for me. I was in pain for almost the whole day. I took it as some sort of an adjustment since I switched to another pain reliever. This time, I know I wasn't wrong about the timings. It's just that I think it's just not working well for me.

By Sunday, I switched back to my old pain reliever and I was pain-free the whole day. And by this time, too, help from friends have been overwhelming.

I had a totally different plan for this holy week, if I wasn't in pain. The butt pain would have been manageable, but the pain on my feet was what stopped me from going out and doing those that I planned.

I still have to write about the week that just ended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts