Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two weeks after cycle 1

It's been two weeks.

So, that means that I could now have my friends over to visit me... Yay!

The diarrhea after chemotherapy was long gone. My bowel movement seems to be okay most of the time. My appetite is not a problem anymore, although I still have to be choosy.

My oncologist said that my hair would start to fall off, and she was right. It started three days ago, and lots of them are falling, especially when I am taking a bath. It's not that I am so vain about my hair. It's just that I hate falling hair especially when taking a bath. But as they say in Dubai, "What to do, yani?" So yesterday, I asked my sister to cut it a little shorter. I didn't want to have a hairdresser over. Because she might be a little rough in handling hairs, and one wrong pull and half of them goes off.

But I am already thinking of going semi-bald.

The pins and needles on both my arms and feet are still there. At times, they are in so much pain that all I could do is lie down and wait until it subsides or be totally gone. I am hoping that this will be gone by the time I begin the second cycle. Because I am expecting it to be back by the time I have my second cycle. Because my oncologist said that this side effect does not come up until the second or third cycle.

Anyway.


The farthest that I have gone walking so far is... our gate.

I sit there almost every morning to have a dose of sunshine. I have read long ago that sunshine can help cure cancer, so I do that almost every morning. If not for the pain on both my feet, I could have been walking back and forth in our street. But I just sit bathe myself with sunshine for about fifteen or twenty minutes while I listen to the radio. AM band. That's what my dad listens to. I couldn't help get pissed off to these radio commentators who only teach the listening public to complain and raise all the negative points of the government and its system.

Oh well.

Oh. Last thing. My eyebrows are still there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts