Saturday, June 18, 2011

Here's what the doctors said.


Okay.

Let me start with what my dentist said about that tooth that fell off the other day.

She said that I didn't have to worry anymore.  The gums where the tooth came from had already closed by itself.  And it did so slowly.  She told me that I don't have to worry about anything anymore because the gums were completely closed.  I asked if she didn't have to put something like merthiolite (this is just a joke I coined just now) or don't I have to drink a kind of antibiotic.  But she said no to both since as she said, I don't have to worry about it anymore.  She recommended that I wait until I finish the whole chemotherapy and wait about six months or a year before I could have my prophylaxis.

So. 

I decided to try stopping the pain reliever I was taking since, just to experiment.  And luckily, I am surviving until now with no pain relievers.

Then, the result of the CT scan.

It showed that the mass on my puwit  had decreased in size - from 5 cm to 3 cm.  The nodules on both of my livers also decreased in number - on one lobe, it went from seven nodules to just three and some of them have decreased in size, too.  

My oncologist said that this is such a positive result and that we can continue with our chemotherapy.  And, the next schedule would be next week.  But she still have to check whether she could get the medicines - the holiday on Monday is what we are looking at into this issue.  If she could get the medicines, I'll have to be admitted on Tuesday evening, then chemotherapy on Wednesday, then I'll be discharged Thursday.  

At this point, these are all worth to be thankful for.

4 comments:

docmench said...

I'm happy to hear that...Just keep the faith..Who knows, next time maybe all the nodules will be gone..:-)

Ibyang531 said...

amen!

Ibyang531 said...

amen !

Tita Beng said...

Glad to hear about those positive developments. With God's blessing, each and every nodules will disappear eventually!

Be well and take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts