Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Just Got Out

For those returning visitors, I'm sure you've noticed the changes that took place about two days ago. I got a new template which I hope you find better than the previous one. I have actually looking for ways to change the look for weeks now. I tried and failed and stopped. Being ignorant with HTML and all, I know I've done enough damage to my site as a result of editing html and not being able to get it back. Getting it back wasn't part of the instructions on how to add this-and-that anyway.

For the newbies, I guess you're lucky for not having to take a look at the old one.

If you must know, it took a lot of courage to get this new template working. After having failed a few times and did some damages - like the big space after each entry that wasn't supposed to be there, I said I've had enough. I've been keeping this blog since 2007 and I guess you will understand it if I say that I just want to stay within my comfort zone.

I am one of those so-called creatures of habit and changing the template meant getting out of a three-year-old habit. But I wanted the change so bad that for weeks, I looked and looked for something that will make it easier for me to make that change. Honestly, I downloaded a number of templates but just didn't know what to do so I ended up just storing it with a wish that I can pull it out someday and use it.

Now this site ourblogtemplates.com made me make that change. And the template I am using now came from their website. It came with simple instructions. Simple enough for simple minds like me. No jargons nor edit this and that html. It just gave a few notes about the template and how to get your own picture and thus, this website.

This beach template comes with a downloadable image of ah... yes, of course, the beach. But I wanted to use something of my own. Yes, this image is my own shot. I took it during dusk at the Pagsanjan Falls Lodge in Pagsanjan, Laguna. It was actually a product of a series of clicks that I had to do in a hurry lest I missed the sunset and the effect. I knew better after I read that that sunset scene in the movie Titanic was shot with the idea in mind that sunsets only just a few minutes.

So, there. I just got out of my comfort zone and changed my template. There are still more to learn now. Luckily, my best friend's daughter, Laysa, who also blogs here, is very patient enough to teach her Tita some things like Fantastico, free webhosting, html editing, and a website that teaches you html for free.

After all, getting out of my comfort zone is a welcome change. I am now contented with the new look and hopefully, more changes after I learn how to edit html.

The template is called 'The Beach,' and you can download it from the website here.




4 comments:

Glenny said...

I think it's great well done! Am personally trying to change the look of my blog but it's just so time intensive .... think i may need to take a day's holiday for it :) hehe

Clara said...

Thank you!

I think you really would need that. I took a lot of time trying to change mine and I'm glad I got a positive word from you.

Yodi Insigne said...

Nice template. Changing it is really a hard work. Job well done! I like the new neat look.

Clara said...

Hi Yodz!

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Yes, it is hard work to do the changes. Just want to tell you that your site is one of my motivations since you do it so well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts