Thursday, December 8, 2011

My most popular posts

Based on the meters of this site and statcounter.com, my most popular posts are those about CityVille.  There is actually one post that is on top of them for all time.

This wasn't and isn't strange to me since I see it all the time.  But yesterday, it mattered because I had the urge to visit my city again and play.  I suddenly missed playing the game.  I think it was at this same time last year when I started and I stopped when I started my chemotherapy treatment.

This is what I consider my city's center

I could have been back playing again since yesterday morning, but the loading takes forever and it beats me to the bones.  I started to recall the things I do when I play, and I now have the thought of sharing some tips just in case you still don't know them after playing for a while.

The first thing that I noticed was the 'Visit Back' button.  This is really unneeded.  I suggest that you visit your neighbors' cities at a separate time, like before tending to your city.  This way, you've maxed out all the coins you can claim from taking the trip and you now have more money without tending to your city yet.  This way, you have extra  money coming from those visits instead of coming from your city and your limited energy.

One tip that I want to share is when you start clicking these neighbors' icons and you start collecting your prize.  At this point, there are items that come out.  You should hover over each and every item as much as you can.  If  you haven't noticed, hovering over these items as they come out (goods, XPs, coins) activates that meter on the right side of the monitor - just below the XP meter - and starts going up with words like, Amazing, Awesome, Excellent to Holy Smoke.  These gives you a lot of extra coins as the meter rises.  I remember earning a lot of points back then doing this trick.

The piece of land that I bought yesterday

Maybe there were a lot more tricks that I did before.  But I really couldn't remember now.  Yesterday, I bought a piece of land without having the need for a zoning permit.  I wanted to turn that land into a farm so I could harvest more crops.  This is also a way to go.  You should have as much crops and storage as you possibly can because not only you need it in your city but you need this to supply your franchises.  Just in case you are taking these franchises for granted, I suggest that you focus on them, too.  It earns you a lot of coins outside your city, meaning, you don't have to expand yours to earn more coins.

Oh, and when you visit your neighbors, which I also you do so everyday for extra coins and popularity, try that trick of hovering those items as they come out.  That also activates that meter on the right side, giving you more and more coins as the meter rises.  But this, I couldn't verify for now since I didn't visit any of my neighbors yesterday.  But this was a trick I used to do.

The bottom line is to get as much coins from those tricks.  That way, you get them coins without having to expand your city all the time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts