Monday, January 30, 2012

Switching to palliative care

I was supposed to have my eighth cycle this January.  But I decided to totally stop my chemotherapy treatment.

I made the decision weeks ago, but it was hard to sit down and write about it.

The first thing I considered was of course, my financial situation.  But this is not just the issue.

There were a lot more things that led me to this decision.  But I'd rather not talk about it yet.  There are questions that come along with my treatment.  Questions that haven't been answered for a while now.  Some of my friends tell me to go to another oncologist for another opinion.  But I opted not to.  I know what they will tell me.  There's no other way but to continue with chemotherapy.

So now, I am under palliative care.

Later today, I'm going for hemoglobin test.  If the result is low, I will have to have blood transfusion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts