Saturday, June 13, 2009

Too Many, Too Little, Too Good

I wrote on my quicknote last night [or was it on twitter or plurk... lol] that I wasn't feeling well last night. Ugh! I hate it when I don't feel well on weekends. It's practically the only time that I have more time to read and stay on the internet on the same day. I ended up sleeping at around 8.30 [screams too early... SUCKS!] and doing water therapy. I also ended up waking up almost every hour just to pee and drink more water. But I am telling you, this is really effective because I am feeling well the next day. Well, I have to feel well. I promise a friend/room mate that we'll go to the mall today and I just can't revoke that. I am actually telling that to myself. hehehehe...

So, we had our breakfast early and went out just as scheduled. It was a good timing, too, since our room mate planned to clean our a/c and it's really going to be hot [as hell] to stay in the room.

One thing I hate about shopping for groceries in a mall that's kinda far away is that you will end up bringing so much and opting to ride the cab on your way back that you normally do by bus. Which means that you actually didn't save buying on on-sale items because of the fare. But even so, what I only look forward to that is the lunch we have with other friends and the fact that I can spend as much time as I like browsing for books to buy.

Which I did. Mimi had to leave at about 2.00 to meet her hubby at the other mall so I ended up alone and had my own time to shop for books. Jeesh! I have a long list. While on it, I thought: Too many books, too little time, too little money to buy them all. I initially picked up about four books and found some more that is on my list, but ended up buying just two because I felt like these two wouldn't be available for long. Actually, I found both books on this blog here and thought I'd give it a chance. Ulysses by James Joyce is something that I haven't seen on the stand since I've been browsing for books here. Right now, I only saw two copies [different editions] and I figured it might be gone by next month's pay. So I picked that one. The other one is Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano. I am afraid that this might be banned later on if I didn't get it now since it's a non-fiction book about the Mafia. I really can't tell you how much I wanted to include Stephen King's Bag of Bones, but I had to resist since I already have two [one is Duma Key which I am reading right now and the other one is Just After Sunset]. I bought both of this on sale so good enough for me!

If there is anything I didn't like about today, it's my migraine trying to push itself. So, since I am disappointed about my reading, I opted to try buying a pain reliever which I never believe would take it away. I went to the nearest cooperative supermarket to do the rest of my grocery and took a pack of Panadol. Oh my shit... it did work!!! That's why I am online now and can do my internet stuff. My bookshelf is updated, too.

So, it's been a good two-day-off weekend.

I am off to reading...

Copy me on QRT.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts