Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In Democracy There is Still Discipline

I came across this news on my reader: US singer Erykah Badu fined for public nudity

I don't really know who Erykah Badu is or what she does. I even have to google to find our more about her.

But the reason why I am writing about this is the fact that she was fined and she agreed.

I just admire the way things are going. Knowing that U.S. is a democratic country and freedom of self-expression is strong, there are still limits and they could establish it and implement it. It's still nice to know that people still get fined for their actions in a democratic country.

If this happened here in the Philippines, I can imagine people crying out for democracy. People insisting their right for self-expression because we are now living in democracy. But I think that it was just right to still have the limits and implement them.

For me, this is just about respect of the law, in the midst of democracy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts