Thursday, November 24, 2011

We need to find out where it's coming from

Before I went to my oncologist yesterday, I needed to find out the result of my CA125 blood work.  Since we are a little short of time, I just called the lab for the result and get the paper later.

Last August, it was 135.00 and the normal range is 0-35.  It was above normal although I thought there was really nothing to worry about.

But this time, it's 487.6.  It's higher.  And we are quite surprised.

My oncologist said that we need to know where this is coming from.  The CT scan showed good results but we need to look into this.  She said that although the CT scan is more accurate, we still have to find out what makes the CA 125 result high.

Today, as per the request of my oncologist, I need to have a chest x-ray.  She probably want to know if there are new growths, growths around my lungs and my breasts.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts