Before I went to my oncologist yesterday, I needed to find out the result of my CA125 blood work. Since we are a little short of time, I just called the lab for the result and get the paper later.
Last August, it was 135.00 and the normal range is 0-35. It was above normal although I thought there was really nothing to worry about.
But this time, it's 487.6. It's higher. And we are quite surprised.
My oncologist said that we need to know where this is coming from. The CT scan showed good results but we need to look into this. She said that although the CT scan is more accurate, we still have to find out what makes the CA 125 result high.
Today, as per the request of my oncologist, I need to have a chest x-ray. She probably want to know if there are new growths, growths around my lungs and my breasts.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Every morning, I passed by a construction site on my way to the bus stop. I happened to notice this a few mornings ago. I was thinking wha...
-
We only had to wait for an hour for the chest x-ray result. From what I saw, there is nothing to worry about. At least, it's not show...
-
The final days of last week wasn't that fun. For those who wonder, I am still as strong as I can be. In fact, I was at the La Laguna ...
-
Where I am at, it’s in the news that New Year Celebrations are postponed. And I quote in the news: All hotels in Dubai have been told to ca...
-
[This is a late post. I didn't want to post something like this at the start of the year so I waited for a few days.] This happened o...
-
Out of Namamahay mode. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better than the past few days. The exhaustion brought about by the move + nama...
-
The first few days went by as every day did. Nothing unusual. Dust has finally settled on our new place and we are finally enjoying its a...
-
About two or three Saturdays ago, I attempted to take a picture of myself. I've been wanting to have a picture to send to my family and ...
-
Memoirs of a Holocaust Survivor by Icek Kuperberg My Rating: ☼☼☼ Photo credit: goodreads.com This is another account of the...
-
My hemoglobin test turned around a favorable result. I need not have blood transfusion, at least not yet. And I wish I won't have to....
No comments:
Post a Comment