Sunday, September 11, 2011

On this fifth cycle, I get to choose my room

I guess this is what you get when you believe that "things happen for a reason."

I wasn't able to get admitted on my scheduled day because the hospital was full.  They were giving me choices that I didn't want to take because I didn't want to take chances.  Either way, I mean, putting me in either a more expensive room or a cheaper room doesn't make any sense to me.  The end point, if none of my preferred room vacates the next day, I'll be left with no choice but the take the more expensive, solo room.

So, I waited, and by the time I was to get admitted, there were a lot of vacant rooms that I asked the nurse if I can choose Room 310, if it is available.  Well, after four cycles and four different rooms, this was my favorite among them.  I was happy to know that the nurse said I can take that room.

Anyway, the fifth cycle started at about the same time as it did before.  The funny thing is I woke up after about a few hours to find out that my BFF was there and was chatting with my sister.  I knew she wanted to make it by the time the cycle started but her chores and the weather were two things that couldn't make her come.  So, by the time she made it, I was half-way on my cycle and was fast asleep.  I saw here dressed in her gym attire and she said she's going to lift some weights after.  Another funny thing is we both wanted to have a long chat but I was too damn sleepy.  She left and I was fast asleep the moment she's gone.  There's no problem though. I know we could catch up by the time I'm home.  It's just that you know, sometimes between best friends, there are some funny stories that could not seem to wait.  LOL!

Somewhere along the cycle, the drip went off and we had to call the nurse to fix it.  I guess I was moving too much.   It was kinda messy since the back flow was more than I expected, and it was out of the line so it was all over my sheets and on the floor.  It's a good thing, too, that it wasn't the needles that was taken out.  That's what I would really hate when it happens, and I will probably hate myself for being not too careful.  This is the first time it happened and I think the next time, I really should be more careful when I move. 

I guess I wasn't in the same mood as I was during the fourth cycle.  I took less pictures this time.  And I chose to stay more inside the room and rest.  But it's not like I was feeling weak or something.  I wasn't just in the mood.  I guess it might be the weather.

By the time we got home yesterday,  my mind was still thinking of watching a DVD, but I was too sleep to do so.  So, I was off to bed til dinnertime and was off to bed again after dinner.  I could have eaten more daing na bangus but since I intend to sleep again shortly after, I just ate enough to fill me in and so that I could take my meds.

Fifth cycle done.  Thank you for all your support, prayers, emails and words of encouragement.  You are, again, my angels here on earth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts