Sunday, November 20, 2011

To sit down and write

It's been hard to do that lately.  I guess because our country has been loaded with lots of news.  Well, that's apart from the fact that I kind of lost my mood for writing after my sixth cycle.  I just checked my blog for my last entry with written text and it's about Tom Cruise and Dubai.  And it's short.  And it's not about me pa.

I had coffee with one of my friends and I wanted to write about those things that we talked about.  But again, it was hard for me to sit down and write about it.  Add laziness to the fact that Twitter occupies me, informs me, feeds me.  The news do not stop when you're on Twitter.  And I really find it funny when some people talk about Twitter as if it's just a source of gossip.  And they don't even use it.  Funny how people say something about what they haven't even tried.

Anyway, a few days ago, I had my CT scan.  And I tell you, before that, I was really worried about the result.  I even told my best friend and doctor-friend that if it turns out not-so-good, or there would be no changes at all, I'd like to stop going through chemotherapy.  They both told me to just sit and relax and wait for the result.  And so, I did.  I find it amazing that I can now bring myself to worry less during these times.  I don't know if it's something that is learned or it's something that you just get used to in a matter of time.  

To talk about the result briefly, the nodules on both lobes of my liver are almost gone.  The mass along my recto-sigmoid region decreased in size.  And there are no other things to worry about.  No new growth whatsoever.

I was actually worried about that mass in my butt.  I thought it got bigger but it's a good thing the CT scan showed that I was wrong.  It actually got smaller, although the decreased was only barely a centimeter.  But, THAT, is still good news.

I'd also like to talk about the books I read, reading and about to read.  But then again, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I've read "Catcher in the Rye" as I got out of the hospital after my sixth cycle and they say perhaps it's one of the best books ever.  My Tumblr post of that book even got a lot of re-blogs; and it actually surprised me.  I just posted a picture and it has 70+ notes and counting.

I should really write more often.  (I am actually telling that to myself.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts