Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Forgot

This CA125 blood work is long overdue.  But since it's a special test, the cheapest (and the friendliest) lab here in our town only does it once a week - on a Wednesday - and I missed it last week because I didn't know.

So, I need to have my blood taken today to make it for tomorrow.

Last night, we talked about having my sugar tested, too, even if it wasn't requested, just to make sure it's still within the range.

So, I fasted and it is quite hard for me these days because I find the need to drink water whenever I wake up in the middle of the night.  It's a good thing though that I didn't wake up last night so it didn't become a problem at all.

We were at the lab a little after 7:00 a.m. and in less than 10 minutes we were done.

I was with my dad, and this means that I get to date him for breakfast at McDonald's (his favorite).  [This is actually one of the things I look forward to when I go out with my dad.]  We were eating breakfast when I suddenly realized that I didn't tell the med tech that I wanted to have my FBS test.  I was a little pissed off because I fasted and didn't drink water this morning only to spoil it.

I figured that if I waited until we get home before I called, it might be too late as my serum might have been in their cooler already. So, when we were at the optical shop (I'll blog about the reason why I was there later), I thought of calling the lab and ask if it was possible to take a little sample from my serum for my FBS.  It's a good thing that Ate Edna (the lady from the lab) told me that I have enough serum for another test.

Sigh.  The things I forget these days.

*My FBS result is normal.  Yehey!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts