Saturday, September 24, 2011

A good news and a few rants

I cooked chicken adobo the other day.  Nothing special.  But whenever I cook chicken adobo, it always reminds me of my room mates in Dubai.  Whenever we couldn't think of anything to cook and we have a chicken sitting in the fridge, they will request me to cook the chicken my style.  And when one of my room mates had to move to another place, she even called me one time to ask me how to cook it.

I forgot to write this down last week.  Before the week ended, we got a good news from DSWD.  A check is waiting for us.  We got the maximum assistance!  And it came right at the time that I really need it.

On Pilipinas Got Talent.  I haven't been watching the semi-finals but I did last week.  And for the first time, I am rooting for a singer, Muriel.  I just happen to see that this girl has what it takes.  Yun nga lang, sana doon na lang sa contest kung saan nanalo si Angeline Quinto siya sumali. 

My latest craving is priting dalagang bukid.    We've been trying to get it but it's always out of stock.  Ayoko naman ng lalaking dalagang bukid, masyadong matinik.

We've been spending less and less time with ABS-CBN and my latest addiction is "Hell's Kitchen," by Gordon Ramsey.  Yesterday, they're down to the top two.  Nona and Russel made it after Jillian and Trev got eliminated.  I really think that Trev sabotaged Jillian's scallops order because she's a threat to him.  But that was what took him out of the game.  Jillian is good.  However, her attitude when she was asked to supervise the kitchen was a minus point for her, and that was what took her out of the game.  She kept on screaming about the orders when all she could have done was wait for the chefs to finish their tasks.  Gordon was right the other day when he said something like it's not good when your talent is overcome by your aggressiveness.

According to my account with Goodreads.com, I started "Story of A Soul" about a month ago, and still, I am not finished with the book.  But I've been back to my reading the past few days and hopefully I'll be done by the weekend.  If you want to check out some quotes from the book, you can visit my accout with Goodreads by clicking here, and if you want to see my notes about it, you can go to my book blog by clicking here.  I must admit that it was hard to read the book (not because of the fonts) because St. Therese's thoughts are really profound and most of it really requires some time to ruminate on what she's trying to say.

One thing I can say is, "Nature has its own way, if we are just patient enough to wait."

I am one of those people who will miss the teleserye, 100 Days To Heaven once it's done.

I haven't been following the teleserye Guns N' Roses but I was tuned to it last night for the ending.  Like many of you, I have a few questions about it.  How come Abel survived five gunshot wounds (more or less) and got away with the crimes he committed?  While Marcus was jailed for those that he had done?  I mean, I'm sure Abel has more crimes than Marcus though maybe Marcus would get a tougher sentence since he is a law enforcer.  But still, let's say Abel's gunshot wounds are really not that critical.  But how come he was out and not serving his time for the crimes he committed?

Yesterday, I suddenly remembered the Tootsie Roll lollipop.  That kind that you can't wait to finish because you know that a small piece of chocolate is waiting right at the center.  Why aren't they making it nowadays?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts