Thursday, July 28, 2011

4th Cycle, 2nd Day: Maybe it was because of B+

I woke up at 5:30 am and all I wanted was to get out and look at the river.  My room this time is just beside the balcony that looks over at the river and this was what I saw that morning.  But I still have to get out of the room to get this view.

The view at the balcony behind the hospital
It was cloudy and it looked like it rained all night.  The river is still calm though.  You can see the reflections of the houses on the river bank and this means that not much going on at the mountains, at least not yet.  And I was hoping that there aren't going to be any at all, because if there will be, the worse thing that could happen is a flash flood and this river will be very much affected.

Anyway.

Nothing much eventful during the second day.  But what I remember and remember hard up until this writing is what my oncologist told me before she started my chemotherapy.  She told me that I should start doing some walking.  She said that a lot of the hospital staff (and she, too) noticed that I don't look like I am undergoing chemotherapy at all.  They think I gained weight which was rather unusual for someone in my shoes.

Third floor nurses' station
This is the nurses' station at the third floor.  Basically, this is how big the third floor looks like.  At the back of where I took this photo is a small chapel and on the left and right wings are two more rooms on each side.  One on each side of them are suites.

As usual, when the shot of steroids was administered, that fang of itch between the thighs are there and my doctor and I now laugh at this matter.  Then, she told me that she was about to administer dipenhydramine and that I would be feeling sleepy anytime now.  And I was.

I think my eyebrows are slowly falling off
But before I fell asleep, I was able to tell her about the pain I felt on my right inguinal area that started about three days ago.  There was even a slight inflammation of veins that ran along my right thigh until the mid-section. But I told her that it seems to have subsided when I started to take the Vitamin B+ complex again.  Well, I told her that I stopped taking that prescription for about a couple of days and maybe that's why I had this pain.

And thinking further after she's gone, I thought that maybe this is also the reason why the nurses had a hard time looking for a good vein for my IV.  It might have caused my veins to shrink and not have enough vitamins to regenerate and be healthy again.

I was awake before the second bottle was even hooked.  This is strange because the past few cycles, I awoke when the second bottle was almost done.  I guess I was up earlier this time because I felt hungry.  See, I had an early lunch this day and that may have been the reason why I felt hungry early, too, hehehehe...

1 comment:

Tita Beng said...

Hi Clara! Happy for you that you're done with your fourth chemo session. With God's grace, you'll graduate from it with no setback whatsoever.
Haha..yeah, gaining weight seems quite abnormal to one who's getting chemo. But ain't it good? I remember getting so thin when I was on it. I felt so miserable as if only a single worm hasn't signed to let go of me. Hihihi.. Anyway, all those discomforts will soon be water under the bridge. Just smile and keep going!

Be well and God bless! I'm here praying along with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts