Sunday, March 28, 2010

Singkil

I couldn't remember when I got fascinated by this dance. But what I know is that I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in grade school.


About a week ago, I had the chance to see it again. We were accidentally informed that a cultural presentation was scheduled that day. We had absolutely no idea what was in store for us but off we went for the sole reason that my sister and I's god daughter has a number.

There is such an elegance that I see whenever I see this dance. It didn't change as I grew older. I realized it that night. The performers here are still on grade school and I feel awed that the cultural dance were taught to them and will be on their blood as they grow old. I feel that our culture has to be cultivated so that it may continue to be known to our future generations.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts