Friday, April 24, 2009

Old School?

As some of you may have observed, my trip for the past week has been the radio. I'm telling you, I am enjoying it. First two days, I glued to one station which actually plays music from different years, not entirely '80s. Then, I thought of scanning the waves for more english stations. Honestly, I have always believed that DJ's choices affect the rating of the station. I found and saved like seven or eight stations. But still, I couldn't stick to them long enough for a ride to or from work. I always go back to that one which I found first. One cool thing is they stick to their slogan, 'More Music, Less Talk,' which is actually cool since less commercials and less conversations from 2 DJs.

This led me to a whole new set of songs that I hear every now and then, and which I have posted the past few days. But there's one thing that this station is offering. They have this contest. The jockey will read a part of a song, then listeners will send the title and the singer of that song. This is usually in the mornings, on my way to work. Two or maybe three days ago, the lyrics was:

If I ran away, I wouldn't have the chance to go very far
How will they hear the beating of my heart
Will I grow old, the secrets that I hide, will they grow cold...

You remember this song? The singer?

Anyway, this song on the player is one of the songs from the '80s that I wouldn't forget. It's a one-hit-wonder but whatever, it was a smash and they never do it quite this way again. Call me old-school, but I think the '80s songs rule!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts