Sunday, October 23, 2011

This time, I was the one who didn't take it seriously.

Some time in September, I got a message from a friend saying that she wants to see me by October.  (She and I have become friends somewhere in '99 and we only have seen each other about five times.)  Anyway, as it have become quite a routine for me, I just said sure, just as long as it doesn't fall on my down time - which is within two weeks after the cycle.

Yeah, this time I was the one who didn't take it seriously.  Just like those that came from the others.  It's not like I am bitter for those who didn't make it because I know what it takes to travel that far.  It's just that it got into a point that I taught myself to understand that coming from almost a hundred kilometers away - she's from Manila - isn't a joke.  So, I learned not to expect.

Pinks, me and Tesa in front of the Sunstar Mall

Days passed with no word.  I understand.

Then came her birthday which I have always remembered pre-Facebook-reminder times.  I sent her a greeting via text message early in the morning, and didn't expect an outright reply since I know she's in Palawan with her son.  And yeah, I didn't get it right away.  Bu, later that afternoon, I got a message of thanks with a note that she'd be coming over the next day.

I deliberately postponed my reply.  I wasn't well days prior to her birthday.  There were times of those days that I was chilling and my fever was on and off.  But later that evening, I was well.  So, early the next day, I replied that I'll guide her through the trip.  At this point, I know that there's still a chance of calling off as I have such experiences, too.

A few minutes later came a surprising text.  She asked what bus route were they supposed to take.  Huh?  I thought she had a car.  This is another surprise!  I replied with a warning:  baka mapasubo ka sa traffic at sa tagal ng biyahe.  I was actually thinking this might make her want to call it off.

But she came.  At commute pa!  After about I think five years, we finally saw each other again.

It was such a happy afternoon!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts