Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Teaspoon of Sugar

My craving for Adobong Pusit was definitely a disaster. I don't blame anyone but bad timing for this craving.

My sister suffered from severe headache at about 11:00 p.m. We had dinner at about 8:30 pm that day. She tried to lie down thinking that maybe the headache was due to a stressful day from her aerobics classes. But the headache didn't go and she started to feel like throwing up.

She threw up thinking it was just because of the severe headache. She had a bad case because she just went on until she just had to squeeze everything out. Right after throwing up, she felt a deep pain in the stomach and felt like needing to poop. And she did like she's having severe diarrhea. She had to go for about two more times.

It was around 1:00 am when I woke up because I felt like someone was still moving around. Sister then told me how she felt.

I told her to take a teaspoonful of sugar. She asked what for and I said because that's what my room mates in Dubai do whenever they feel like they're having some allergies from eating shrimps or squid. Sometimes they even make it as a sort of a preventive measure, eating a spoonful of sugar before eating shrimps or squid.

My sister was hesitant and appealed if she can just take half a teaspoon. I said YES! And to just take it right now.

She took it and washed it down with maybe half a glass of water and went back to bed.

I then went back to bed and started the decades, which I normally do in the morning after I wake up and before going off from bed. We left the light on just in case she had to go again.

After about thirty minutes, she stood up and went to the bathroom to pee and had a glass of water. She then said, "I'm okay now, we can all go back to sleep."

I'm not saying it was the sugar that cured her. Because I think it did, together with the five decades.

But wouldn’t you believe it was if you were in our shoes?

2 comments:

Christy said...

It worked Mary Poppins!

Clara said...

Thank you for your comment! We really couldn't think of anything that might have done so. I related the story to a doctor-friend of mine and she said that we should be thankful that the sugar did it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts