Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It Used to Be Safe

I read this article Street Crime on Rise, and reminded me how it used to be safe in Dubai.

I remember working for a company with about ten people (this is my first job) and we just leave our mobile phones anywhere on our own tables and sometimes on the other person's work station and get it back even after an hour of not knowing where we left it.

This goes the same with my second job. Our office was often frequently visited by people from different walks of life looking for travel, car or life insurance and we just leave our mobile phones on the table and not be worried it might get lost anytime.

I could walk the streets talking to friends on my mobile phone and not worry that it might get snatched.

But as one of my friends said on her e-mail about a week ago, times are hard, even here in Dubai...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts