Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally, Outlook for my Mails... Using GMail

On my post here, I talked about how I went through calling PLDT's customer service to assist me on how I could get my Yahoo! and Gmail mails right on MicroSoft Outlook.  My first call led me to believe that I could, but my succeeding calls proved that I just couldn't.  All because PLDT only gives this as a privilege to higher-end accounts, meaning higher monthly fees.

I gave up.  I also said on that same blog that I had an idea but never really tried it because I just thought, "What's the use?"  I didn't want to spend at least Php 20 just to find it out.

Yesterday, I thought of cleaning up both my e-mail accounts since I have been using them a lot for my freelance writing job.  I was with Gmail and stumbled upon one of their features which was sitting there all along.  I just discovered that I could get my Gmail using Outlook.  I'll try to walk you through with a few steps, but really, it's all there to guide you once you see it.

  1. Open your gmail account
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
  4. Follow the IMAP instructions to configure your Gmail to your Outlook
Well, some of you may have been using this for long, but for those late bloomers like me, this is how you can get your web-based Gmail account right in your Outlook.  

You might want to know what's in it when you have your mails at your Outlook.  For one, you can customize the way your messages look like.  You have more options when it comes to the fonts of your messages as well as your signatures.  Also, you get notified for an incoming mail even if your Outlook is closed, and there's much more to it, really.  Especially if you are one of those who can't do without MicroSoft Office OneNote.  They go hand in hand.

Now, you might have received an e-mail from me changing from my Yahoo e-mail to GMail.  But for those who haven't, just change it to @gmail.com and that's it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts