Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rated

A few weeks ago, they released this video on the internet as part of the campaign AmBisyon 2010.


Then there was a showcase of Filipino directors like Brilliante Mendoza and Jeffrey Jeturian. They both have videos featured.

Yesterday, on twitter, I read that these video, along with Jeturian's were given an X rating by the MTRCB. So, I went to back-read my FB (and discovered I posted it March 5) and searched for the video to see it again. I actually did post it on my FB with some kind of excitement because I find the video on a positive light. I know it shows poverty. But just like Brillante said, it's what he sees and that's the reality.

I don't see anything wrong about the video. The scenes are true and as real as they can be. The music? Full of hope. FULL OF HOPE. It is actually inviting the youth (and all of us) to start the change.

The board said that video is injurious to the image of our country. I don't see how.

The song is not actually about the scene. But as Brillante puts it, if you will just simply interpret the song, it is somewhat elementary. He was (oh so) right about that.

Perhaps, the board saw it this way: since the song was in the Filipino language, the whole world will not understand, so they'd probably just rely on the scenes. I think it would be good to put subtitle and review it and pass it.




Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts