Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some Swine Flu & Some More

Philippines. The DOH people is requesting funding of Php 90million for anti-swine flu plans. I was really surprised to read this article today at the Philippine Daily Inquirer online. My eyes almost fell out of its sockets as I read the header. I don't know if this is big or small for a fund. But I just couldn't believe that they are already seeking. But of course, we know it would take time for to be approved, that either the virus already has become a pandemic or it has simply gone away, before it finds its way to approval or disapproval. But that again, is an entirely, rediculously different story.


I have read it somewhere [forgive me but I forgot to bookmark or subscribe to give proper credit to the writer] that the Philippines has some hundred cases of Pulmonary Tuberculosis the past year and no one seemed to have paid attention. Nobody ever bothered to "seek a Php 90million fund" to help them who already suffer. PTB has been a big problem in our country and I was a witnessed to that during my Caregiving years; and it has been since I can remember. People whom you assume to be of good health might be suffering and you wouldn't even know. The funny thing is we don't even have to 'put some additional men' in our airports [as part of their action plan for Swine Flu, that is] because for all you know, all along, PTB sufferers might just be the person you come across just as you are getting out of your house. Back in 2005, I remember my instructor in caregiving told us that statistics show 4 out of every 10 people we meet in the streets has PTB. Believe me, this got me thinking everyday for the next few days after that lecture, keenly observing people I cross paths on my way to school if they have the symptoms. Isn't that interesting that these DOH people are asking for Php 90 million for this virus that hasn't even gotten in our country?


I know that they have good intentions. But I also cannot help but think about their UNDERLYING motives. It is actually easier to grasp their para-sa-akin [for myself] gains than thinking about their para-sa-bayan [for the country] initiative; in which the ratio of PROFIT versus SERVICE is seemingly outrageous.


Call this a follow-up for that blog I read about swine flu and PTB. But I couldn't help but write about it [again… you could say] because I can't get my thoughts off that Php 90 million.

So much of Swine Flu today. Because tomorrow, I will call it H1N1 or Influenza A as per WHO terms here.


Anyway.


I missed my Jeff-Dunham-Friday. I had my haircut and this hot-oil-from-home experiment earlier which did some good to my hair [that's on both counts]… I got to oil my hair for this summer since today, I think it got to 50 degrees, and it's not even summer yet.

Who doesn't love shrimp? You might say no one, not even those who have allergies. But I just get bored eating it. You have to eat with your hands [yeah, you can eat it with spoon and fork but it takes another 50 years to finish] and the whole process of de-scaling [is it really what it's called? Enlighten me, please] just annoys me. Yeah, that’s what I had for lunch today. YUMMY! But I didn't have it for dinner again.


Oh yeah, I just got hooked up with Chain Rxn [Jeesh, I hate the way it's spelled] at facebook. Truly a nice game there. I just loved watching those circles expand and explode. I also like the concept of the game. It is not the usual avoid-this-avoid-that-or-you'll-get-ditched. This one, you have to figure out when these circles get as close to each other as possible and bump into each other, because the faster they bump into each other, the more points you earn. Oh well, it has been a while since I played a game. I got bored with PSP's Need For Speed Pro Street… truly a waste of money for me. Not too much time since I stopped playing after day 1. The fact is, I am still wondering why it was called Pro Street when you are just circling different race tracks and not on the streets. And oh, the graphics suck! Due to this, I got scared of getting NFS Undercover for fear of being duped by the game series the second time around.


Ok. I can continue to be outrageous. But I'll save it for another day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts