Friday, May 1, 2009

No Answer

Some of you may already know that I AM NOT a fan of those voice mailboxes, answering machines or leave-your-freakin'-messages things. Especially when you're calling international.


A few days ago, I was trying to reach an acquaintance about her motor insurance inquiry, but couldn't reach her after several attempts. Her mobile just kept on ringing… unanswered. Good though… no voice mailbox whatever…


When I finally caught her, she jokingly said that she thought the call might be coming from one of her banks since it's a landline number. You know why banks call, right?


So, I came to think and came up with a good idea for please-leave-your-message-after-the-beep spiel:


Hi! Sorry I can't answer the phone right now. If you want to leave a message, PRESS 1; [long pause here]… But if you've been trying to reach me for days and I don't pick up or return your calls, please DON'T PRESS CHARGES, I'll get back to you A-S-A-P!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts