Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gearing up for my fifth cycle and more

So it was a long weekend for those who are in school and those who are working.  Too bad it was a wet weekend that I guess not a lot of you were able to enjoy much of it.  I, on the other hand, never felt the joys of this time and I really wish I have.  Maybe I will once I get well.
Again, with the help of my friends, I am gearing up for my fifth cycle.  I am doing my lab clearance tomorrow, but as of this writing, I feel like changing my mind.  I think I'm going to do it today.  If it doesn't rain within the next hour, I think I will.  To all of you my friends who have sent something for me, my sincere thanks.  You are all my angels here on earth.
My sister has added zumba to her aerobic classes and of all the songs and routines she practices, this is one of my favorites, and this is the only one that makes me get up and do the moves with her.  Yes, I dance with her once in a while whenever she plays her zumba songs.


If you only know how much I miss going to the movies.  There are a lot of movies that I wanted to watch these days.  I actually have two more movie passes from my Laguna Life work and haven't used it.  I was almost tempted to ask my oncologist if I can go see a movie at the theaters.  But I held back because I was assuming she would still say no.
If things will be okay, I'll be confined again by Monday next week for my fifth cycle of chemotherapy.
I miss KFC here in the Philippines.  Their chicken - the original flavor, the gravy and the mashed potato.  But back in Dubai, my favorite was the twister.
The wound from my toenail extraction has finally healed.  I could never find the words to describe how nervous was I after the day it was taken out.  I was so effin' scared that it might get infected that I was so nervous the day after the extraction.
A friend called me the other day to break some good news.  When I asked her where she was, she said she was having coffee with another friend at the mall.  I miss having coffee with them.  She invited me to join them, but my back pain was just too much that day.
My doctor-friend told me that this effin' spondylosis is, in our language, rayuma.  And I am really thankful that it was just that.  I was worried that it is something else that would again need medical attention and it's really one of the things that I do not like right now.

2 comments:

Maria Aurelia said...

Whenever I eat KFC or anything similar to that with the side dishes, I remember you and our dormmates. Since it is more of a luxury to eat there now, I learned how to make my own coleslow for the family. When my dad tasted it a few yrs ago when he visited us in Toronto, he commented that it tastes better than KFC. I'm happy that I'm not missing that, but I still miss the chicken sometimes.


Good luck with your 5th cycle! I'll be praying for you.

Love,
chacha

Clara said...

Hi, Chacha!

I used to remember our dorm days a lot, too, when I eat at KFC alone in Dubai (which is most of the time).

It's great that you learned how to make coleslaw by yourself. I've tried it myself but couldn't even pass my own standards... LOL...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts