Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scents and Sanity

Magrudy's will have a new set of scheme that meant we had to change our existing cards for a new one. I got an e-mail instructing us to request where the card will be delivered. I called the POC to let her know where I will be picking up my card. Told here repeatedly [I think about three or four times] that I'll be picking up on Saturday, which was the last.

All this transcended in our own native tongue.

When I got there last Saturday to pick up the card, the person there told me it wasn't there yet. And I was told that there should be another e-mail after the confirmation as to when I can pick up the card.

I guess the weekend rest did good to me and was just too refreshing for me to be pissed off and be irate at the store. But I wrote this on my planner:

Miscommunication sucks! To think we both speak the same language, our native one. Now I wonder why people do not ALWAYS understand one another.

Conclusion:

It's not the race nor the language, it's the LEVEL of understanding. Language SUCKS! errrr.... Or is it PEOPLE?

===============

My morning trip to Spinney's to get my breakfast of pancakes consists of walking a little bit further from my office and back.

On Sunday morning, I walked pass by this guy and couldn't help but smell his perfume. Deng! He's wearing too much! As he walked further, I said to myself [of course in my native language, but I'll translate it for other people], "He smells really good! It's familiar... what scent is that, btw?" I tried to think for about 2 minutes, or maybe 3, quickly submitting to the fact that I am no novice on perfumes. Then, suddenly, I thought, "Oh yeah, he smells like the perfume section of department stores."

I was laughing silently all by myself until it faded out of my mind.

I just love being outrageous sometimes. Well, I'm sure this is one thing to keep my sanity. LOL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts