Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dead Tones

Part of my job is making cold calls to companies inquiring about the insurance requirements. This isn't easy as some of you might have thought. It's hard to get to the right person because sometimes, they are too busy. Other times, there are those who pretend they are the right person. But that's another story.

Some calls are funny. People tend to converse in their own little, weird ways... Most of the time, though these are not that frequent, these things are what me say, "I love my job!" because it works as a therapy whenever those times come that it looks like it's gotten a little too much. I sometimes write down these 'responses' and go back to them from time to time to remind me of the fun part of my job. They serve as perks.

What doesn't happen too often is getting that dead tone. Back then. The dead tone that I call is that steady, continous tone that means that the phone is no longer in service. It wasn't that much when I started. But it has been quite often these days. You might say "Recession," and I say, "Yes," to that without hesitation.

But even so, I couldn't help but feel this [little bit] of certain sadness that I couldn't comprehend and articulate whenever I hear this unfamiliar-that-is-becoming-familiar tone. It seems to me that this is another addition to the mortality of business which has never been a good thing. Because all things being equal, it is never easy to let go of what used-to-be a good thing... errr... even if it was never too good a thing.

Anyway...
Bus Card System Updates. I rode a different route on my way home having been from the abra (boat). Well, as I have thought so, the system is not yet in full operation. I rode a bus which do not have yet the machine for new bus cards, so I ended up paying cash again. I wonder when this system will be in full operation.


Well, being at the creek did me some good. It's always been my favorite place here. So, I still had a good time even though it's like 42c [that hot]. Although it is never my thing to ride the boat on business attire, I chose to for some reason. It's a good thing that it's not that humid, but the ride was a little bumpy and shaky since it's kinda windy and being on the tail of a big dhow even made it a little worse.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts