Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Implementation

Today is the last day for the buses to accept payments in cash. That was what I heard about two days ago. The thing is I just couldn't confirm if this is true or not. Because as I said on my last post here, no one knows when it's really pushing through. Well, I'll wait for a few days then blog about it.

But anyway, here is what I have experience last week using the new bus card.

I rode the bus and guess what? The bus doesn't have the machine. Now I have to pay cash, which I didn't bring. I have like a whole bill and the driver reacted that my money was big. So, I politely smiled and screamed in my mind: That's because I have the damn bus card! He had to make me sit first so that he can prepare my change. It wasn't that bad on my way back, but still the bus didn't have the machine.

I was so pissed off because of the inconsistency. If they are trying to implement it, they should have both options for buses. The funny thing is, some buses do not accept cash, while other buses do not accept cards. I really think it should be either or, not neither nor. The whole point is if all buses are not ready for the cashless or card system, they should be accepting cash on any buses, too.

I realy wonder what's going to happen when they finally stop accepting cash. Just a few minutes before I started writing this blog, my room mate just came in telling me her story. She was waiting for the bus for like about 10 or 15 minutes, only to be asked to get down by two buses because they are not accepting cash. But again, lucky for her, because after about 30 minutes, there is another bus route that still accept cash. Another inconsistency! So, my question is, are they really ready for the cashless sytem tomorrow?

I just pity those people who are not really prepared for it, only because they were not informed about it.

On other things...

I'm just about half-way done with the book Twilight. Oh well, if you've been reading my posts, I have said several times that I've put off reading this for some reasons. That's why when I finished with "The Mill On The Floss," I decided not to double-read this time so my attention wouldn't be absorbed again by the other book. So, this is like a love story and a hero-story in one. Really, I can now say that I am not a fan of this hero-things. It's not that I have anything against it, I am just not into it. Edward and Bella's story is also really touching. But as I have said on my bookblog, it might probably be my romance-meter being calibrated often. One thing I can tell is that Stephanie Meyer is a good writer. Yes, she is. But then again, it might be the kind of story that I am looking for. I just want to know how this is to end, then I don't know what's going to make me read the sequels.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts