Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Complicated

One of my colleagues rarely comes to the office since he is mostly out during fieldwork. This morning, he came, and I figured it’s the best time to greet him for the holidays. He's one of the most difficult persons I met here so far, that's why many of our colleagues here at the office usually stay out of his way when he comes, including me. But I figured, since it's Christmas, it would be best to greet him. Here was our conversation.

“Hi, Joseph… how are you?”

“Fine… how are you?”

"Fine,” I said. Then, “Joseph, are you Christian?” I wanted to make sure that my greetings would be appreciated. Besides, it's a normal thing here to ask what's your affiliation.

He said, “Are you Catholic? Because Catholics are not Christians.”

“No, I just want to know if you’re Catholic or not.”

“See, Catholics are different from Christians. Because…”

I interrupted, “Joseph, why are you making it so complicated? I just wanted to greet you a Merry Christmas….”

Slowly, he turned his back and left.

I felt he was embarrassed for what he did. Well, he should be. He is a very argumentative person, always looking for an opportunity to get in to a discussion. It’s probably to boast about his abilities or to bring someone else’s ego down.

But this time, I got him… On both counts… hehehehehe…

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts