Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nemesis

28 October 2008
21:03

Yesterday, two of the most important people in my life dropped me an e-mail and an sms saying they miss me. One is my soul mate back home and the other my former room mate. These two are among those who knows my nemesis, my goofs, my dreams. Hehehehe…

I called my soul mate just to say hi and to request for some EBTG songs - we used to spend some of our dull times listening to under-rated songs that finally made it to the top ten, 1980s bands and one-hit wonders, just to name a few. We also spent quite a number of Sunday afternoons enjoying the serenity of the Caliraya lake over a 2 cans of Coke and Jack and Jack and Jill Tostilla's for her and Leslie's Cheezy for me (our faves).
My former room mate, on the other hand, invited me for adobo dinner. We ate with our bare hands while we talked about what we've been doing since she moved into her new place. It wasn't a long dinner though because I was tired and she had to go out with some other friends.

Her place was like a 15-minute walk from where I live. On my way home, I feel really tired but very complacent. I thought about my friends back home and those that I've made here so far and I know I'll be okay.

These two people are among those few who I know I can call in the middle of the night if I have some goofy stories, spoofs, slips, happiness or gloominess. Them, too, know, that they can call me in these times of their lives.

==========

A beautiful thought to consider:

Take you profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. You really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out there. If you take yourself seriously, you're not going to be able to move forward. You're going to be hampered by always wanting to look in the mirror and see if you have enough tuna oil on your hair or something like that.
· Clint Eastwood
What I've Learned
By Andrew Zuckerman
Reader's Digest, October 2008 issue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts