Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another Day

04 December 2007

22:00


Or so I thought…


I got a call yesterday and was scheduled for an interview at 4p.m. earlier today. I wasn't expecting much since the first time I was here in Dubai, I went into a series of interviews that came out with nothing. It's not that I am complaining, it's just the way it is. They'll call you and talk to you and that' basically the process. So, I just went there since I didn't have anything to do today.


But it's different. I got to like the post and it seems that the interviewer which is one of the owners and the other one is the director seem to have liked me. It is an insurance brokerage but I am not required to sell. Some office work, telemarketing, and chances to sell… no pressure, no quotas, weekly nor monthly. I took the job. I am to start on the 22nd of this month having the starting salary that I got from my last job, and an opportunity for a raise if and when I get regularize after about a month. Good deal for me.


My room mates were kind of surprised that I walked that segment I did. They say it was far. I said I used to walk there every now and then back when I was till looking for a job in April. So, it's nothing new, and it is never that far to me. This time, it still isn't and I still plan to walk it when I start working.



On my way down (since I am more relaxed on my way up and kinda anxious about what's going to happen on the next few minutes) I noticed the elevator sign. I guess it is because I was on this ride alone and had to push the buttons. Also, I feel uneasy and I sometimes get claustrophobic and altophobic (fear of heights???) and I am not really comfortable on lifts. But this is kinda funny. This lift has 0 for the ground floor, and I am thinking that maybe -1 is for lower ground or parking… LOL…


I went home about 4.30, good thing since rush hour is still about an hour away. The bus took a shorter route which I believe is an order from the hierarchy since rush hour is soon. I was kinda apprehensive that it wouldn't go back to the route that is familiar to me and I'd get lost. So, I had to be more watchful of the buildings for landmarks that are already familiar to me. I finally saw this landmark, my landmark that I am near. We had to wait for green. While waiting and kinda gazing at the building to make sure it is indeed my landmark, the sun caught my eye. I hope it catches yours, too.


*The sun is at the top of the furthest traffic light, and seems to be just an image on the wall of the building. It is actually just a reflection on the windshield of the bus.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts