Friday, October 12, 2007

One Life

Yesterday, it took me over 30 minutes for what could have been just a 15-minute ride. I was rushing to get home in time for the early evening news, but I missed the headlines. For those who come from where I do, our river again claimed one more life. This time, a 10-year-old boy drowned and by the time I was stuck at the traffic, his body still wasn't found yet; and that must have been what caused the jam.

It has long since been I have heard about the legend that it claims one life every year. For several years now, the river was calm. If this legend is true, could it be that it relives? And if so, what triggered it?

Please warn your relatives to be more vigilant of their friends and relatives, especially the young ones who might have wandered for a quick dive and swim at the river, which is actually very tempting for kids.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts