Saturday, October 13, 2007

What's For Breakfast?

This morning. I've long craved for hotcakes. So, I saw to it that it's what I am going to get this Sat morning. I woke up just about the ideal time for me, and the weather seems to be cooperating; a little cloudy but no rain. The mixture would just be the usual instant thingy, but I suddenly remembered those days and how my mom prepares her home-made hotcakes; the recipe passed on through how many generations.

It was all done in a matter of minutes, and I served it not too hot because my dad is not a fan of steaming meals. This is not our usual breakfast of pandesal at kape, but it's the usual routine. We wait for 15 minutes because his prescription tells him so. We heat the coffee just in time for that.

We were eating one each. I cooked another extra just in case we want to indulge. Half way through our servings, I told my dad that we can share the other serving; just to indulge since this doesn't happen all the time. But my dad says no and ate all his servings. I was urging him to take the other half but he wouldn't; but asked me if I will get my other half. I told him no because I'm good with what I had. Then, he said, 'I could eat another serving because it's good, but it's too sweet for me. And besides, I've already tasted and that's good enough for me.'

If only… if only I have my dad's will! Do you know of a book called "The Art of Saying No to Good Foods?" E-mail me if you know one… LOL!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts