Monday, November 28, 2011

DudayMind Post #5: Sometimes, being high-tech is not the way to go... and more

*  I haven't been watching Happy, Yipee, Yehey lately.  Well, we are on GMA-7 waiting for Pinoy Henyo and we don't switch channels until the game is done.  And last Friday, 25 November, 2011, I saw the last part of HYY's game, "Susi ng Kapalaran."  That's the time when the Filipino athletes were the ones playing.  As always, at the end of the game, they show which keys open which vault.  If you've been following me on Twitter, I have been tweeting about this for a while now.  That I do not like the high-tech game and would really prefer the real key to open a real door.  And this time, the key to the Happy vault wouldn't open.  I knew that this would happen, it's just a matter of when.  And that Friday was the day.  If you saw the show, you would have seen how John was so frustrated and very disappointed on how it wouldn't open.  After the commercial gap, they had on-air someone from their internal audit explain that there was a problem.  Sure, there was.  But no matter how they explain it, I would not be convinced on the integrity of those keys.  The first thing I didn't like about it is how every key turns on the red and blue lights, but never the yellow light.  I don't know but if it is the wrong key, it wouldn't have turned on any of those lights in the first place.

*  Still with HYY's "Susi ng Kapalaran."  I won't really be surprised if they will change the game again one of these days.  There have been so many games since this show started and nothing seems to click.

*  For weeks now, Ariel has been campaigning on the 3-D commercial.  That you should avail of your free 3-D glasses and how to get yours.  A few days ago, I saw their 3-D commercial and it doesn't look that appealing without the glasses.  I don't know what's going on with the minds of Ariel's ad agency.  TV commercials are supposed to be geared on as much market as you can.  But with the idea of having 3-D glasses, this slims down your target market.  Going high-tech I suppose?  But who would want to waste time just to get those glasses anyway?  And the commercial itself without the glasses on sucks.  It made me dizzy.  And the next time I knew that it was on, I'd rather not look at it.  I find ways to get my eyes off the tv until the ad is done.

*  On other ads, the Nescafe commercial with mommy and daughter is not really very appealing.  Well, the fact that the daughter now had different preference and the mother doesn't know.  And the mother ended up being offended(?) because she seemed not to know her daughter any more.  The mother-son tandem was more soothing.  It's a feel-good ad as compared with the other where mothers won't feel good that their daughters are changing and them not knowing.

*  I don't watch PBB nor "Nasaan Ka, Elisa?"  But I've noticed that their time slots have been switched to and from and from and to several times.  Then, I heard Ted Failon in his radio show talked about Elisa's time slot.  My BFF also said that there were a lot of senior citizens who are watching Elisa and was not happy about the switch.  PBB should really stay after Elisa.  Since it's the late comer, I don't know why the watchers of Elisa should adjust to it.

*  I remember the times when at the start of the PBB season, everyone seems to know if their cable providers are having it on 24/7.  I guess now, the hype is gone.  I guess no one cares if their cable provider even have the 24/7 coverage.  I am one of those who don't watch it anymore.  I did watch some time, but really, the setting did not appeal to me.  And I was really quite surprised at the set.

*  I am still wondering why Louis(not really sure about the spelling) Abuel doesn't seem to want to have a haircut.  I've seen him at "100 Days to Heaven," and right now he's on "Ikaw ay Pag-ibig" and I don't really like seeing this kid with his long hair being put up on a ponytail.  Sometimes I start to wonder is this child is gay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts