Friday, December 2, 2011
Back from the seventh cycle
As they say, we learn as we go along and as we experience things. So, like what I did after the sixth cycle, I called the hospital early in the afternoon to size up their admissions. They say that they have quite many and the guy at the reception asked me if I want to reserve. I said, no, of course, since it was really impractical. I told him I'll just call again a few hours before we leave home to make sure that they have available rooms.
About thirty minutes before we left, I called again and asked. This time, the lady said that they have quite a few vacant rooms and said outright that Room 310 is available. I don't really know if she already knows me but I was really glad she opened it up. I told her we're already on our way and if there was still a need for me to make reservations. She asked where I was coming from and finding out, she said, it's okay, it's near and we'll get it ready by now.
So, on the last three succeeding cycles, also cycle 3, I was admitted in the same room, the room that has been so familiar with me ever since I started chemotherapy. Yes, it was coincidental that it was also the same room number that I stayed in college. Well, the reason why I like this room is that it's neither big nor small enough for us. The toilet was not tall nor short enough and the other things just fit right in the room. The other room I was into one time was near the oxygen storage area and it was kind of noisy every time they will have to move the tanks.
I hope that it would also be my room on my supposedly last cycle... the eighth.
Posted by
Clara
at
12/02/2011 07:06:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As some of you may have observed, my trip for the past week has been the radio. I'm telling you, I am enjoying it. First two days, I...
-
I was with my oncologist last Tuesday morning. All the tests were normal, she said. And that gives me a go signal for my first session of...
-
Collective. Collective force. Collective prayer. Collective help. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me right now....
-
There's Dubai's Burj Dubai's Khalifa's fireworks and there is also Australia's Sidney Harbor Bridge fireworks . But ...
-
I write about everything. I write about my chat with friends, what I did this morning, my moods, but I don't write about my conversati...
-
No. Not for clothes or shoes, iPhones, iPads or other gadgets. I'm looking for the perfect combination of pain reliever that would re...
-
Even before this move to a new place, I have been thinking a lot about home. With the worldwide financial crisis, you cannot help to think o...
-
Based on the meters of this site and statcounter.com , my most popular posts are those about CityVille. There is actually one post that is ...
-
Eveline. That was the fourth chapter of the book. I just finished it and just started with the fifth, After the Race. The thing is I got ...
-
I haven't been blogging nor tweeting. I have been busy both with the holidays and CityVille, my newest addiction in Facebook. But, I t...
No comments:
Post a Comment