Friday, December 2, 2011

Back from the seventh cycle


As they say, we learn as we go along and as we experience things.  So, like what I did after the sixth cycle, I called the hospital early in the afternoon to size up their admissions.  They say that they have quite many and the guy at the reception asked me if I want to reserve.  I said, no, of course, since it was really impractical.  I told him I'll just call again a few hours before we leave home to make sure that they have available rooms.

About thirty minutes before we left, I called again and asked.  This time, the lady said that they have quite a few vacant rooms and said outright that Room 310 is available.  I don't really know if she already knows me but I was really glad she opened it up.  I told her we're already on our way and if there was still a need for me to make reservations.  She asked where I was coming from and finding out, she said, it's okay, it's near and we'll get it ready by now.

So, on the last three succeeding cycles, also cycle 3, I was admitted in the same room, the room that has been so familiar with me ever since I started chemotherapy.  Yes, it was coincidental that it was also the same room number that I stayed in college.  Well, the reason why I like this room is that it's neither big nor small enough for us.  The toilet was not tall nor short enough and the other things just fit right in the room.  The other room I was into one time was near the oxygen storage area and it was kind of noisy every time they will have to move the tanks.

I hope that it would also be my room on my supposedly last cycle... the eighth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts