Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some memories do not really fade

I've been nostalgic again lately.

Seeing this new square donuts commercial actually made me sing the brand's song way back in the '80's:  ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ Hey, Mister, that's a donut.  Hey, Mister, that's a Mister Donut, Donut... Hey, Mister, that's a donut... Hey, Mister, that's a Mister Donut, Donut. ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪  But during those times, I prefer Dunkin' Donuts over Mister Donut.  I still remember how it used to smell like donuts when we were trying to find a parking at the Quad carpark.

I was surfing the internet for some new ideas with this concept that I wanted to pursue for this season when I stumbled upon this site, crazydeals.ph.  I saw this tripod and I really think it's kind of innovative and creative.  Back then, tripods are already as long as your legs (and it's already "folded") and weighs something like a fourth of mine, even more to slimmer people.  Well, that one is I guess for professional photography while this one is something you can take with you on a tour to Boracay, Palawan or China or Singapore.  This one really caught my attention and I'm putting this on my bucket list once I'm well enough to travel.

With my allergic rhinitis, I'm so choosy when it comes to scents I wear.  In college, I have a favorite baby cologne which I wore for a long time.  It's Denenes.  And it's been one of the most popular scents during that time.  Only then, there were two choices:  pink or blue.  I preferred the pink one although I must admit that blue was the most popular.  If I'm not mistaken, half of our dorm's population (four floors of about six in a room) wears Denenes blue.  It actually has a mild scent that you can splash all over your body and not smell like you drank the whole bottle.  If you're one of those who miss the scents but don't know where to get it, you can buy it online on this site here.  It's actually on sale and you only have about ten or so days to get it at that price.

I heard yesterday that it was the UAAP finals and Ateneo won over FEU.  Well, I am not rooting for either team but I just think that FEU is a good team because of their track record.  Back then in the 1990's, I remember watching the UAAP with my friend from La Salle and FEU won over La Salle.  And of course, at this time we were rooting for La Salle as I have been a La Sallian if only for a year.  I just noticed that FEU has a good track record of almost always making it to the final four.

I tried playing pool billiard on Facebook just recently and was hooked to it for a while.  Of course, this brought yet another memory.  Astrobowl was an expensive place to be so we opted for Coronado Lanes, particulary that one near what-used-to-be Joni's Bakeshop.  I was trying to recall the street but all I can say is that it's at the corner of Pasay Road and some street.  We even tried bowling but I just don't know why we weren't so into it as much as we were in billiards.  Well, it's probably because of its accessibility.  Bowling is a sport that you can't just find anywhere else.

*Images are copied from this site.

2 comments:

Tita Beng said...

Hello Clara! Musta?
About that short legged tripod, I have one of that kind and I had bought it for only 200php from Kodak few years back. Didn't know it's that pricey nowadays!

Hope all is well. Praying along with you on your journey to absolute recovery.

Clara said...

HI TITA BENG!

I'm good. I'm on my way to my sixth cycle... :)

Wow, that was a good buy you got there...

Thank you for the prayers...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts