Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A rare opportunity

I was off from chemotherapy for a longer time some time weeks ago.  I didn't have enough funds so I had to wait until we could raise the amount.  That was a good timing because I had to have my toenail extraction which could have been a bigger problem if I didn't deal with it right away.  Then, since I haven't been doing chemo, I could take off my mask even when there are visitors around.

And our friend Noneth got lucky.  She's been here on vacation for months and wanted to see me before she goes back in the States.  The timing was just right.  I was preparing for my fifth cycle when she asked BFF if they could come visit us.  She, together with my BFF, got a shot with me without my mask.


This is also one of the rarest times that I have a picture taken without a mask.  I think this is the second time.  The first time being my birthday, but that was fine because I didn't have visitors so it was okay, even if it was in between my cycles.

I long to have pictures with friends without my mask but that is not possible yet.  This could only be once I'm finally done with chemotherapy.  Right now, I only have two or three more cycles left.  My family, friends and prayer warriors pray for only one more.

I want to be done with chemotherapy before Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts