Saturday, February 19, 2011

Increasing our awareness on children's stories

My attention was caught by my college dorm mate and good friend about this video of her son. She calls it Project Bagets. It's a school project that will not only create awareness on children's stories, but also trigger and enhance the children's creativity, style, pronunciation and a lot more.


This is her son, reading a Filipino kid's story entitled, "Ang Tao sa Buwan."
This is a Filipino project wherein the teacher would like to see how fluent and creative the students can be. She asked the students to read a Filipino story and record it on video. The children could get as creative as they want to be in such a way that they could wear costumes to portray the characters in their stories. The video is then required to be uploaded on YouTube. This way, not only she could view the but also by people like us. The teacher requires the videos to have at least 150 views. This way, she believes that this will create the awareness on children's stories.

I should say that this is a great opportunity for us to discover the world of children's stories and how our children interpret these stories.

It's about time that these children are given the spotlight and the chance to show what they got at such an early age.

I just hope you're not as balat-sibuyas as I am. I always get teary-eyed when I see children get the opportunity to show the talent they possess.

*Thank you to my good friend, Analyn, for believing that my blog will help this project.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts