Thursday, June 25, 2009

In The Process

I tweeted/plurked yesterday that I didn't sleep well the other night because of a couple of Mr.&Mrs. Smiths for company. If you don't know who they are, you can read about it here. Well, this is the time that I do mind having them around more than ever. I am still in the process of getting over the book I just read - Duma Key - which was full of things that you can imagine, good and not-so-good and those-that-you-don't-want-to-imagine-at-all. So, I just plugged into my playlist till I dozed off to sleep [with about 2 hours left to wake-up time]. Oh well, I coped. That's good enough.

Last night, I slept with the lights on so that Mr.&Mrs.Smith couldn't visit me [as I did about a month ago; which worked]. But it turned out, it pissed off my room mate above my bed [yeah, bunk beds we have here] who couldn't sleep with lights on. Tough luck! I am still actually thinking about what to do tonight as of this writing - whether to leave the lights on or off or to put some Mr.&Mrs.Smiths on her bed to keep her awake like me. Nah! That would have been bad.

I woke up this morning with a 1-missed-call message. I checked the time: 12.43. Who the effin' hell will call me at that time? I was fast asleep by that time last night due to 2 nights of not-so-good sleep. So last night, my body's got no choice but to slumber. I really don't like it that much getting calls at these times and didn't pick up. It makes me kinda worried why call at this time. But I didn't call her that early since I know she's not a morning person. So, I called her at about the time that I am sure that she's up and working. She told me that she just thought of me because I haven't called her since she got back here last May 6 [or 7?]. Awwww.... I could've answered back, "That's sweet!" But instead, I told her, "Wow. How demanding given the fact that you didn't even call to tell me you were leaving at an earlier date."

She gave me some reasons but my mind drifted to something else as she spoke; which my mind normally does when I know for a fact that those were just excuses. Call it narrow but sometimes I ought to be this way. Then she got a call so we had to say goodbye. Told her to just give me a call when she's not too busy. Click! Call ended. Sad to say I am still in the process of letting it go. I don't know how long it will take. Some things are just not meant to let go just like that.

I was at the Knowledge Village this afternoon for some client's insurance. I can't tell you exactly where it is in Dubai. But I can tell you that it's between Jumeirah and Dubai Media City. The last time I've been here was I think last November [that was in Dubai Media City] with a friend for one of her important errands. This is one of the best places in Dubai. Neat houses, roads and all. I saw the Atlantis at some point while I was in the bus. I think I saw it also out of my client's window, but he himself couldn't confirm. This makes me think of what I've read on the book I've just started last night: It was funny how little things could be perfect and no one ever saw them (Blaze by Richard Bachman). I just said that maybe he isn't aware of it since it's the same thing for him everyday. Then he said he ought to check it one of these days. I replied with a smile.

I've been lagging on my GoogleReader so I decided to read some earlier [since I got home earlier]. I have been following a blog and I discovered a song about the Emirates. You can check it here. This one is from this blog here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts