Monday, January 31, 2011

I thought I'd go home with my camera empty.

So, there.

My first trip to Manila after over a year.  A friend of mine asked me to go with her (it comes with a free lunch... that's the deal! lol) since she's not really good at directions.  I was actually wondering why she invited me, knowing that I haven't been there that long.  But, fortunately, to my surprise, it was sort of the same as I have always known.  At least to where we were going.

If you ask me how I see the changes, I think it was just trying to keep up with the times.  Change is there and change should be there as a reaction.  The buildings were obviously something new to me, but I wasn't really that fascinated because there are better ones from where I was back in 2008.  But this doesn't mean that I don't admire them.  It's just that it seemed to have become too trivial for me already.

We were at the Cash N' Carry.  It's still in the same place, but the building is new.  It's a mall-type thing with two (or three? I can't seem to figure) floors and a mezzanine floor.  I guess where the furniture area is should be the third floor.  Or is it the second?  Oh well, I guess I didn't pay too much attention.

Instead of keeping me busy with what's there, I found myself busy looking back.  And there were a lot to look back.  Pringles and Planters and Ivory and Dove, Jergen's and Nenuco and De Ne Nes (which they don't have anymore).  De Ne Nes used to be my favorite cologne back in college.  Jean Nate, too.  I guess these two I didn't find looking around, but not asking.  I was afraid that the sales crews will laugh at me upon hearing the names.

I also discovered that Pancake House already changed their menu.  Oh, of course the pancakes are still there (but it looked like they aren't fluffy as they used to).  But I was looking for the roasted chicken thing that sits on a piece or two of tasty bread and had a good-tasting gravy.  That and the others were not there anymore.  The rib eye steak was fine as well as the Bokchoy and Seafood Gambara.  But I am kind of intrigued by their iced tea.  It's not Nestea, I can tell.

Traffic was smooth that I know that this isn't so during weekdays.  So damn sure it's entirely different.

Oh well, I really don't mind to be a companion if I'd be invited again.

As long as it's not a weekday.

Anyway.

I thought I'd go home again with my camera empty.  But.

We stopped by somewhere along Los Baños.  That's where I saw this:


I believe that these kind of voices are the ones who have to be heard, rather than those other opinions that really don't make quite a point like this.

Ironically placed beside the basurahan, I was thinking maybe it's other point is:  Basurahan na rin ba ang utak ng mga tao?  

Maybe it's time that we should really look inwards rather than out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts