Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's up this week?

Well, it's going to be more of what's up the past month.  I haven't been blogging often the last month.  I was busy coming up with this little venture that me and my niece started.  So, it was basically just that, and City Ville and the others.

But anywhow, I think I've gotten out of this hiatus of not posting.  Writers call it writer's block.  And since I am not a writer, I don't have any term for that.

Oh well, even if I haven't been posting, these are some of those thoughts that came...

~ I am still watching the news.  And every evening, I can't help but notice how this newscaster seem to disagree with the current administration.  Well, I have a short message for him, and it goes like this:  Dear Mr. Newscaster, please don't forget that this administration is what we inherited from you.

~ In City Ville, I felt bad that my town couldn't be as big as that of my other neighbors.  I wondered everyday where in the world they can easily get the zoning permit needed to expand their town.  But now that I am on the same level with them and I got all the community buildings and the atrium and they don't, I realized that what I got as I played along was just enough to get me going for the goals.

~ Speaking of SIM card registration, I strongly agree with that.  In fact, I wanted that even before I left for Dubai and even want it more.  Because in Dubai, they require a photocopy of your passport in order to buy a SIM.  The SIM card was for AED 150.00 (which was about Php 1,600.00) and you will have to renew your subscription every year.  Yes, it's prepaid but you have to renew.  Here in the Philippines, it doesn't have to be that expensive, a Php100.00 fee for the registration will do.  For the valid IDs, not everyone has a passport and not everyone could afford that, so a voter's ID or a postal ID should also be valid.  This way, too, every Filipino will now have at least one valid identification card.  Of course, a second or a third line could be possible.  But if I were to give it to someone, it should be someone I know and trust.  I don't know why people complain about privacy, when all their pictures and comments and other information are all over the internet.

~ I just realized some time this week that the book I read before Dubliners is also something about Ireland.  Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes is the story of being poor in Ireland while Dubliners seems to be a story about the middle class there.

~ I can't go to mass tomorrow so I went to hear the anticipated mass early this evening.  I can't get over the weather.  It's cold and drizzling.  I love that.

~ I learned from a chef-friend that slow cooking brings out the best in foods.  So, this week, I tried it.  I have done it twice already and it really tastes better.  My chef-friend said that slow cooking brings out the juices and I guess that's the reason why it tastes better.

~ Showtime.  Arte mo game.  Sometime this week, the clue was "influential person."  The answer?  Bart Simpson.  Is Bart Simpson a person?  What's happening to our minds?  I tweeted Vice Ganda.  I told him/her:  It should be "influential character." I'm sorry but things like this, I don't take it as trying to mislead the contestant.  For me, it displays a little something about stupidity.  Back to basics:  He, she, it.

~ I decided to cancel one of the projects that I wanted to do this year.  Just because I was disappointed with the person that I wanted to do it with.  He disappointed me with the first meeting.  I pushed him to prepare for it; even offered to help.  But it was a total disappointment.

~ I'll be in Manila tomorrow.  Many of you won't believe if I tell you that since I got back here in the Philippines last October 2009, I haven't been to Manila since.  Tomorrow will be the first after over a year.

~ Oh, I just realized.  It's month-end.  We still have eleven months left for this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts